Go to contents

THOUGHTS ON NEW GROUPS WINNING NUMBER 1 AND SOME GROUPS HAVE YET TO WIN?

All Themes > General Talk

replies 10 | views 1,151
tanika
tanika 268 (Rookie)
last activity 2015.08.12 07:07 post 272 thumbs up 355

2014.09.25 09:23

I KNOW WINNER IS A NEW GROUP THAT WON FIRST PLACE ON MUSIC SHOWS. AND THEIR ARE SO MANY OTHER GROUPS FIGHTING TO WIN THEIR FIRST NUMBER ONE AND HAVE BEEN AROUND FOR YEARS.. WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?

I HAVE TO ADMIT I WAS A FAN OF EMPTY. 

reply (10) | | bookmark | more
Elish Luna
Elish Luna 33 (Trainee)
last activity 2014.10.01 22:00 post 33 thumbs up 2

2014.09.30 12:26

I'm a little bit okay with it.

But I think winner's empty is already abusing the wins XD They win a lot I hope that other music shows will give chance to tother group especially those who deserves to win like BTS. But we can't do anything about it. Because it's all based on popularity and money not talent. 

tanika  clicked thumbs up on this!
reply (0) | | bookmark | more
Esha ELfishy
Esha ELfishy 1,922 (Rookie)
last activity 2015.04.06 03:50 post 2,143 thumbs up 279

2014.09.30 03:19

THOUGHTS ON NEW GROUPS WINNING NUMBER 1 AND SOME GROUPS HAVE YET TO WIN?

Sometimes I think, what is wrong? Let's take the example of U-Kiss and ZE:A. I think they now have a lot of fans, domestic and foreign. The songs that they release is also getting better. I listen to U-Kiss since '0330', and I think they will win with that song. For ZE:A, I started listening to them since the 'Ghost of the Wind'. I think this is all related to the agency. But it seems I was wrong because in the past CNBLUE get their first place two weeks after the debut. This is 'amazing' because they aren't dancing. And then there is VIXX, despite having to wait 1 year and 7 months after their debut, but eventually they managed to get first place on music shows.

Is this related to the hard work? I think all idols there working very hard. And finally I thought, this is about the promotion. During 2013, VIXX released about five songs and continued actively to promote their songs. Because maybe they realize they don't come from the 'big' agency. So they have to work hard and keep working hard. I continue to write about them because they are my favorite group of the group that debut in 2012. And I think we don't need to talk about EXO here. Because even though they had 'disappeared' after their debut, almost a year, but they have everything to be able to get their first place..

The other is LEDApple, F.CUZ, X-5, N-Sonic, NU'EST, BTOB, etc.. I think the problem is the same. But now I expect a lot from BTOB :)

meelf
meelf 46 (Trainee)
last activity 2014.09.26 01:35 post 46 thumbs up 7

2014.09.26 01:15

:

havee been thinking about it for long time.u kiss really is working hard. they have tried so many different things plus the members are tallented as well as ze:a. but no no.1. really what they should do to win no.1? wishing for tropy.

joycr
joycr 2,001 (Rookie)
last activity 2015.05.11 04:20 post 1,986 thumbs up 416

2014.09.25 16:28

I feel

bad for artists who works equally hard because they also deserve the no. 1 spot. I'm sad for other artists too especially BTS because they haven't had No.1 yet despite winning numerous rookie awards. Then there's TVXQ, they are one of my favourite group which hails from SM and I honestly can't remember the last time that they've achieve No. 1 for their songs (maybe they have, once or twice apart from the Japanese charts?) Same goes for other talented groups.

But then, Winner deserve to get no.1 as well. Those who criticize Winner because they won No.1 as soon as they debut in which people think that it's because of YG stans are voting for them, don't forget that SM have equal amount of fans which could propel their artists to the No.1 as soon as they debut as well and for the artists with comebacks.

What I'm trying to say is I think it's because of exposure from Winner and YG prior to their debut, fans can see how hard they fought to debut and anticipated this album for ages already. Some might not have known, but in my opinion, not all YG fans would support Winner as there are equally amount of fans of Team B (from the programme WIN) who might not support Winner (noted that I say might not, but then it's just my opinion). Then there's Kang Seunyoon and Lee Seunghoon who might already amass legion of fans from their Superstar K and K-Pop Star days. And then there's Song Minho (Mino) who was previously a member of the now disbanded BoM (Blooming of Our Music). Plus, Mino's also one of the recognised underground rapper together with Block B's Zico, Kyung and P.O, Phantom's Hanhae and many more established underground Hip-Hop Artists.

Come to think of it, half of the members from Winner are already considered as experience artists especially Kang Seung Yoon and Mino.

Then, lately, the K-Pop perference of songs seems to shift to a more unique type of genre such as those produced by Winner and Akdong Musicians. Also collaboration songs between male and female artists such as SoYou and JunggiGo also seems to gain popularity these days. Also remember Busker Busker? They are indie band who manages to capture the No.1 spot in the Korean chart ranking.

Unfortunately, it takes more than talent and hard work to be able to achieve No. 1 in the chartered rankings. That's the truth in the music industry. All that we fans can do is to keep on supporting them no matter what and if possible, please don't start a fanwar as this might drive away potential fans. Spread the music instead of starting fanwars. Who knows, fans from other fandoms might becoma a fan as well :)

PS: I think because as a Cassiopeian, the significant of achieveing No. 1 in the rankings are no longer that significant to me anymore. TVXQ, despite being talented as well, does not achieve the No.1 spots for some time now (I might be wrong though) and JYJ, they don't even get to appear on boadcasted music programmes for the time being, let alone being on the charts >_<

reply (2) | | bookmark | more
tanika
tanika 268 (Rookie)

2014.09.25 16:57

re

I WAS TORN IF DO CARE IF A GROUP WINS NUMBER 1,  BECAUSE I'M A FAN OF SO MANY GROUPS THAT HAVN'T ONE FIRST PLACE.  AND THE NEW GROUPS JUST KEEP COMING.  IN SOME WAY I'M REALLY EXCITED TO SEE A GROUP WIN AND IN ANOTHER WAY I'M STILL A FAN IF YOU DON;T WIN. I THINK KPOP ARTIST IN GENERAL HAVE TO WORK HARDER THAN AMERICAN ARTIST. IN A WAY TO STAY ON TOP. 

| bookmark | more
joycr
joycr 2,001 (Rookie)
last activity 2015.05.11 04:20 post 1,986 thumbs up 416

2014.09.25 17:08

Lol yeah

I get what you mean :)

I'm a fan of so many groups too and most of them did not win. I really hope thay would at least win once though. Hmmm maybe their time has not come yet like you've mention? One good example is Psy, with one song, he nailed it, achieving the No.1 spot for so long and breaking numerous records in the world as well as gaining popularity and exposure worldwide  :D

Let's keep on supporting the artists that we like ^^ Their time will come sooner or later :)

| bookmark | more
Carla Cortez
Carla Cortez 160 (Trainee)
last activity 2015.08.22 13:47 post 160 thumbs up 47

2014.09.25 13:38

Makes me Mad lol

There's songs that are amazing but it doesn't matter, what matters is if your in YG let's be honest even SM Rookies groups don't win first place in music shows right after their debut like Lee Hi and Winner have. U-KISS has been around forever they're in my top 3 groups and they have never won so many good songs and they have not won its upsetting that its all about which company you are in. I'm no fan of Taemin but he barely won and that song was really good, so was BTS not their fan too but their song was good I liked it better than Winner. I think YG fans will support any group that comes from YG. Groups that are already popular like GG will win with any song even if its crappy. I support the songs I like. 

reply (1) | | bookmark | more
tanika
tanika 268 (Rookie)

2014.09.25 16:29

re

U-kiss is my group. i want so badly for them to win a number 1. but even if they don't i will still me a kissme. They work so hard for thier fans. Their time will come.

meelf  clicked thumbs up on this!
| bookmark | more
bananana
bananana 2,094 (Rookie)
last activity 2015.09.01 16:44 post 2,139 thumbs up 2,143

2014.09.25 10:45

Sometimes

I feel bad for groups or solo artists that haven't won anything on music shows even though I honestly don't care about music show wins. I just think, especially for idol groups, that a win to them means a lot that it makes me wish they could have at least one win. I just want to root for them as underdogs. It's not like some of these groups don't have good releases either. They just don't have the fandom to back them or people willing to give their songs a chance.

Yeah, it's kind of sad that that's how everything pans out in the end. That's just how it works. Congrats to Winner for getting number 1 early into debut. 

Olivia
Olivia 512 (Rookie)
last activity 2015.07.07 13:25 post 508 thumbs up 89

2014.09.25 10:00

re

I do feel bad for the artists who have been around for awhile and have strong comebacks, but continually fail to win. However, I also think it's more the exception than the rule that rookies would win over veteran artists. Winner, for example, had alreaady built a fanbase through the Win competition show and they come from YG, so they automatically got more attention. But, usually rookies struggle to get noticed as there are so many groups these days. 

You can post new thread after log-in

This week's popular threads

Recent replies

Sub theme

Go to the theme board

Go